The pet's fur is inevitably contaminated with bacteria and parasites, so the pet's fur should be cleaned daily, that is, bathed with warm water and disinfected regularly. If you are sick, the fur will stick to a large number of pathogenic bacteria or parasites. It must be disinfected while the pet is being treated. Here are some common methods:
Chlorhexidine alcohol disinfection with 75% chlorhexidine alcohol with a cotton swab to wipe the wound or wound, can kill the purulent Pseudomonas aeruginosa, to prevent wounds, but this disinfectant has a certain irritating.
Iodophor disinfection of iodophor is a powerful disinfectant, which has a good killing effect on bacteria and mold, and has certain irritation to skin mucosa. The skin at the injection site is usually disinfected and rubbed locally with chronic inflammation.
Surfactant disinfection This type of disinfectant usually has chlorpheniramine, dextrin (disinfecting Ning) and chlorhexidine. The general concentration for skin disinfection is: 1% for chlorpheniramine, 0.5% for chlorfenapyr, and 0.05% to 0.1% for chlorhexidine. Among them, chlorhexidine has the strongest bactericidal effect, and it is still effective in the presence of pus and blood, and it is an ideal disinfectant with low toxicity and irritation. All of the above three disinfectants can be used in the "medication bath" of pets.
Oxidizer disinfection such disinfectants mainly include hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide), potassium permanganate and the like. A relatively easy to obtain in the family is potassium permanganate, which is generally used in an aqueous solution having a concentration of 0.1%. Mainly used for wound disinfection.